Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy mothers day.

this blog is dedicated to my dear mom. on this day where it’s all about the mothers in our lives, whether biological or not, i want everyone to know how great i think she is.

thank you for everything you have done for me and everything you will do for me. i know that i have not been home with you for mothers day for the past two years and i am sorry for that but thank you for understanding why.

thank you for seeing the value of both my life and the lives of others. thank you for believing in me when i may not even believe in myself. thank you for constantly showering me with prayers. thank you for providing for me both physically and emotionally since the day i was born.

thank you for being an example and for being strong in the Lord even when you feel weak. thank you for showing me what beauty has the ability to look like. thank you for encouraging me to obey the Lord, even if it means leaving home countless times to love and follow Him in distant lands.

i don’t express it near enough but i am grateful for you.
i know that i will always have not only a mother in you but a friend.
i love you!

another blog coming soon…


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
To my little African jewel. I love you so much and I am speechless as I sit here w/ tears streaming down my face. You are a wonderful young lady and I am so delighted that God choose to use you in such a unique way. I am so blessed to be your mom and so honored to call you friend.
All my love,
Mom

Bethany said...

hey beautiful,

could you pray for me? I'm making some decisions in the next few weeks that I know are right, but they are irreversible and so very hard for me. I know that in the long run, they will seem very minor, but for the moment they seem very big and very hard, and part of it is my eternal fear of disappointing people [[may I overcome that for the sake of not disappointing God]].

I miss you! I pray all is well in Uganda. I'm so glad you're able to be over there doing what you're doing.

love,
Bethany

karlie nicole cooper. said...

JULIE! you should read my post and then we should talk :)

Anonymous said...

Aw...I bet you just made your mom's day with that post! She is a pretty awesome woman, isn't she? So glad she's MY aunt! I hope all is well with you. Take care.